Ancient Agora of Athens
Socrates and Friends at the Ancient Agora
€40,00 / Person
Cancel up to 12 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
The Agora was the heart of ancient Athens, the focus of political, commercial, administrative and social activity, the religious and cultural centre, and the seat of justice.
Socrates spent the best part of each day of his life in the Agora of Athens, where the heart of the city’s civic, political and commercial heartbeat.
At this walking tour, following Socrates’ footsteps around the surviving ruins of the Athenian Agora, we will try to understand the philosophy, the political and social ideology of Classical Athenian Democracy.
10.00 – 12.00 | Nov. – March
16.30 – 18.30 | April – Sept.
Metting Point: to be announced to the participants
A minimum of 10 participants is required.
The tour is scheduled for a max of 15 participants.
Start of the tour
End of the tour
Amenities for the physically challenged
The Archaeological Site of the Ancient Agora is wheelchair accessible through the main entrance, at Adrianou 24 (assistance by a companion is advisable). In the area of the Temple of Hephaistos, wheelchair access is possible through the entrance at the Thiseion Square (Apostolou Pavlou Street), upon communication (210 3214824, 3210180).You can see the accessible passage at http://theheartofancientathens.gr/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Efaath_AncientAgora_accessibility.jpg
* In case of cancellation of the tour by organizers due to force majeure, the prepaid amount will be refunded, within 30 days from the scheduled date of the program.
* In the case of cancellation of participation up to ten (10) days before the trip, the entire amount paid is refunded.
* If cancellations are made from nine (9) days up to six (6) days prior to the start of the tour, the bookings will be converted into a bonus for a subsequent excursion (for the amount to which they correspond and will be spent within six months).
* If cancellations are made from five (5) days up to three (3) days prior to the start of the trip, the bookings will be converted into a bonus for a subsequent tour (50% of the amount to which they correspond and are spent within six months).
* Otherwise, if cancellation occurs within the last two days prior to the start of the trip, the amount paid will not be refunded.
Read more about the Terms & Conditions of Purchase
Video and recording of tours and presentations may be allowed with the organizer’s written permission. Photographic material and information, for commercial or journalistic purposes, related to the organized tours of KEDROS SA may be allowed with company’s written permission.