Athens Street Art Photography Tour | Psyri
Hidden stories that this region’s street artwork has to reveal.
€45,00 / Person
Cancel up to 12 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
Athens Street Art Photography Tour | Psyrri
Join us in a tour of the streets of Athens in a well-known area called Psyrri, following an expert guide for a course on photographic creativity, with this “Psyrri street art photography tour”.
We will discover the hidden stories that this region’s street artwork has to reveal. In the past it was an area to be avoided due to high crime. Many criminals used to hang out at “Psyrri”, giving the area its “underworld” fame.
Much later, during the Olympic games of 2004 the “Psyrri” area had a makeover, upgrading the neighborhood to one of the most trendy regions of Athens and a hotspot of Athenian nightlife.
Despite it’s renewed and upgraded status however,”Psyrri” used to be a working class region, evidence of which can still be seen just by walking its streets, lined with authentic craftsmen’s stores almost everywhere you look.
The old streets and buildings of Psyrri with their long and colorful history, have inspired many artists to express themselves with graffiti and other forms of artwork,allowing art to become a “connecting link” -if you will- between past and present in this part of town, leading to the area becoming an “urban canvas” of artistic expression.
Starting our walk from the rue of “Aristofanous” we will discover a colorful area where each street art piece has its own story to tell.
Walking towards “Plateia Elefterias” we will find interesting art galleries that “mingle” with some of the first street art that started this whole trend.
As we wander the hidden,mysterious narrow pathways of this art-filled world where any surface can be a canvas, we will get to discover the artwork, and thus acquaint ourselves with some of the artists that are active in the area, all while learning how to get the most out of our chosen camera.
*Please make your reservations upto 48 hours in advance
**Upon request for private tour.
Start of the tour
Finalisation of the tour
* In case of cancellation of the tour by organizers due to force majeure, the prepaid amount will be refunded, within 30 days from the scheduled date of the program.
* In the case of cancellation of participation up to ten (10) days before the trip, the entire amount paid is refunded.
* If cancellations are made from nine (9) days up to six (6) days prior to the start of the tour, the bookings will be converted into a bonus for a subsequent excursion (for the amount to which they correspond and will be spent within six months).
* If cancellations are made from five (5) days up to three (3) days prior to the start of the trip, the bookings will be converted into a bonus for a subsequent tour (50% of the amount to which they correspond and are spent within six months).
* Otherwise, if cancellation occurs within the last two days prior to the start of the trip, the amount paid will not be refunded.
Read more about the Terms & Conditions of Purchase
Video and recording of tours and presentations may be allowed with the organizer’s written permission. Photographic material and information, for commercial or journalistic purposes, related to the organized tours of KEDROS SA may be allowed with company’s written permission.